View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
You don't need many good friends; if you have 1 you are fortunate.

I agree though that you do need good friends. Let the ones go that aren't a positive force in your life.

Facebook is all sorts of bad. It tracks everything you do online, makes you feel superior when your life is better that someone else's, and makes you feel like garbage when your life is less spectacular. My suggestion is to not post your feelings online. Keep in contact with true friends outside of Facebook, in person if possible, or a phone call if not.

I dated a girl once that would post nonstop about how "amazing her man" was, yet I was unsure if I even wanted to date her and told her that we weren't exclusively dating (although I wasn't seeing anyone else). It was so annoying to have her as friends on Facebook, so I blocked her comments from showing up.

My recent ex GF (now wife!) wanted to be Facebook friends, but I refused for the longest time. We were real friends, and besides, I didn't want the opportunity to misinterpret something on her page and feel hurt or insecure.

Written communication is a poor substitute for being present with someone. There are so many ways to interpret things in the worst possible way. My sarcasm is often misinterpreted on this site.

p.s. I'd eat that carne asada lasagne! I'd probably spice it up with jalapenos though. I like the pain.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 03-25-2014 at 10:21 PM..