View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
getnpsi
EcoModding Apprentice

Red Egg - '95 Ford Aspire
90 day: 38.51 mpg (US)

Dodge SRT-4 - '04 Dodge Neon SRT-4 2.4L Turbo
90 day: 26.24 mpg (US)
I think when switching back and forth the car would stumble creating rich and lean bumps. the air fuel ratio of natural gas and gasoline is slightly different too. I would find a way to turn off the fuel injectors and run a larger "carb" that is enough to supply at highway flat land speeds, more like 20-25-30 hp.

On the other hand if everything is working great and you were able to use both at once, most ecu's do not like to pull out that much fuel out of the trim. you might have to add some sort of map/maf signal altering hardware like tuner cars. The problem with this is it messes with your timing.

You will also need a tank you can fill that is dot approved and all of that stuff. If there was a way to compress the gas at home from a tap in your garage that would be the ultimate way to go about it. if i was able to do that id go 100% ng. From my personal experience at the gas station when I throw the guy a $20 Ill buy a soda snickers bar etc so not all that cash made it into my tank. Home fillups save on more than one front.

I think there are a few used honda civics that are being sold to private people now. I saw one with "tuner" rims and a full unpainted bodykit out here in socal. YUCK i know.