View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
A twist of the throttle, a stab on the brakes, would have put me on the pavement and run over by his trailer=dead. The 2-3 feet I had to work with were covered in sand from the whole winters speading all over the road. Pretty sure already mentioned.

Blow the horn and he hits the brakes. He is moving over to a left turn lane and I am falling behind him coasting. The TDA was running at max. Nothing I could have done would have made it better. Acclerating would have been suicide.

Divided six lane highway with a left turn short exit lane 45 MPH limit. HE CAME FROM THE MOST RIGHT LANE ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT TURN LANE ALL IN ONE MOVE, LIKE I WAS INVISIBLE. HE WAS PULLING OVER WITH ME PRECISELY BESIDE HIS DOOR AND THAT IS WHERE I PULLED IN THE CLUTCH AND GOT AS CLOSE TO THE CURB AS I COULD WITHOUT HITTING THE 4 INCH RAISED CONCRETE EDGE.

Posted that in the first post. I did not look at him, didn't think about him hitting me, just about maintaining control and not hitting the curb and I was inches from it at 45 MPH IN SAND!

It was the only way out.

regards
Mech