View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 02:02 AM   #104 (permalink)
Mista Bone
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
The real mileage I get on my vehicles, here, not just claims, real mileage, every day, every fill, every mile.

regards
Mech
I prefer REAL numbers to the number some dohickey on the dash gives out, they are easy to make them lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
Here's what I would like to discuss.

As you can see in this example BSFC map, the 25% load has a very tight vertical curve to it. So the sweet spot is much narrower then the 50% and 100% load lines.

Just moving up or down in rpm a little can take you away from the sweet spot.
At 2800 rpm you have the most efficient BSFC number of 0.70 lbs/hr.
At 2000 rpm you have 1.0 lbs/hr.
At 4000 rpm around 0.95 lbs/hr.

Food for thought???
pgfpro, we both know our Hondas, which MAY not carry over to ALL other cars, That I understand. I'm also privy to some Honda testing after some of my suggestions that the engineers played with at TRC in Marysville, OH. I know the "sweet spot" for the 16 valve Honda D series we so love. I also know how to move the sweet spot around with in reason.

Old Mech, about the mileage logs, two issues right now.

1) I haven't dug into how to get it setup in my profile yet, for a reason, see #2

2) Due to some court issues with a mix up of paperwork, I haven't been allowed to drive since November.

As most know, hte CRX HF is a PITA to get a proper fill when filling up. for this very reason you need a "home" pump and to park in the same location and have same filling procedure. IMHO to get a true average mpg number that has to cover atleast 1000 miles, 3000 miles is better.

When I switched to the LLR tires I selected 175/65/14's to correct the Honda Speedo error. I will verify the speedo reading with GPS app on cell phone when allowed. I will then compare it to odometer reading as well.

Also last night I was running on lack of sleep, so if my posts here were more scrambled than normal, now you know.