View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #107 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Yeah, new thread. This is still "transmission options" related, but only loosely. I gotta say, though, I am getting food for thought about my shift points. But another caution: as I understand it BSFC maps are created using a dyno and when no accessories whatsoever are attached to the engine. So these maps represent "ideal" conditions" in which none of us really drive. I'm not saying that I think the maps are meaningless, but I'm not certain how precisely they predict what we'll see on the road. For that you'll need well-calibrated gauges in your car.
Your one step a ahead of me.
This is what I want to talk about in another thread. Dyno built BSFC maps verses road fuel usages with power output maps or optimum load shift points.

With today's ability to monitor data and collect in logs, I think we could have a great discussion about the vehicles we drive. I would also like to give praise to all the people taking advantage of utilizing load when up shifting thru the gears on this forum. The numbers don't lie and a lot of you are already increased fuel efficiency.

Last edited by pgfpro; 03-30-2014 at 12:14 PM..