View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #146 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
You can see the tiny batteries I'm using at the bottom of two pictures. 12 volts each, about 7 ah. Only 3 of the 4 batteries work. But I got it rolling with 36 volts tonight. No throttle grip. I haven't wired up the controller yet.

So now I'm about to wire the throttle and controller just to test it out, but I want to use the same proper wire. Where to the gauges come in handy? I was thinking 3 ga wire for the controller/battery connections. Is that too much?
No such thing as to large of wire.
American Wire Gauge table and AWG Electrical Current Load Limits with skin depth frequencies and wire breaking strength is one of the sites that I used, near the bottom they have a calculator.

Quote:
Also, I went to Lowes looking for some wire terminals for the throttle group. What terminal sizes will work with the Alltrax 7245? Am I even using the right terminology?
Terminals or lugs, check at auto part stores, motor repair shops, or heavy truck repair shops that work on semi-trucks, the shop here that works on semi-trucks had crimpers and cable and were able to make everything for me, some auto part stores will make battery cables for you as well, other times they have stuck leignths that are already made up that are cheaper then buying bulk wire from them.
Quote:
I did a test and hooked up the controller and throttle and I couldn't get it to work. No light on the Alltrax LED. I had it hooked up to a good 12v battery. Any ideas?
I believe that's only 24v it's running on.
What voltage do you have hooked up to the controller?
Alltrax AXE Products Page says you need 16v or more for the controller to turn on and it sounds like you hooked it up with just a single 12v battery.
They list wiring diagrams under their document section.