View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
graver555
EcoModding Lurker

S-10 Front Bumper

Hi there, this is my first time posting on this sight.

I bought a 98 s10 2.2l extended cab with 283k on it (not original engine). It didnt come with bumper or a tailgate, and it only leaks a little oil, but its ok its onto the exhaust so I dont leave stains

Current mods so far: rear bumper, maintenance, a glasspack where the cat is supposed to be ahead of a factory bumper soon to be removed. Also not a mod but the rear speed sensor is off so it reads around 7 mph slow so I can set it to 55 and feel like I am hypermiling AND get there quickly

Planned mods: front bumper/airdam, bed cover, tailgate, electric fan conversion.

This summer I plan on making one out of 3 inch square tube sort of like the attached one.

Except without the wrap around on the corners.

I do alot of highway driving so I want to build something that would take a deer hit or something like that, and I want to look cool so thats why I want a heavy duty bumper. I would go with a tube style bull bar but I dont have a bender.

But since I drive alot of highway miles, I want it to be somewhat aero.
Any way to modify this design so it isnt an airbrake like the rear bumper I fabbed?

Dont judge I had to do something to make it legal to drive, and I got the 2x8 free from the construction site across the parking lot.

I was thinking a big air dam that is easy to remove as I live in indiana and in the winter we can get alot of snow. Or I head conveyor belts work well, would that flex enough in the snow to not bother or would I just need to take it off?

Oh and I think I am getting around 23 or 24 mpg but I am not sure as the speed sensor also makes the trip gauge off by I THINK 10percent.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	14832   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	14833   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	159