View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lane_S
EcoModding Lurker

Blue Jetta - '03 Volkswagen Jetta GL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 55.2 mpg (US)
I do have an Ultragauge but have yet to hook it up. I'm looking into tuning, I run engine on but coast in neutral as much as possible, and try to use brakes a little as possible. My tires are LRR Continentals at 40 PSI (51 max sidewall) I'm also looking at aero mods for the front. I need to replace a wheel bearing soon so that why I threw out the microblue question.

I agree that treatment of internal wear surfaces would be the ideal thing to do. As far as payback? Good question and would be hard to calculate in real world driving unless you had a good baseline from an origin to say 250K miles, change bearings, and start all over again, given that everything else on the vehicle never changes.

I do know since joining the forum that there is WAY more info to learn about ecomodding that I ever thought of and I thought I was ahead of the curve compared to Joe driver.

ALH Timing Belt Tool Rental Available - just ask!