View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
101Volts
Master EcoModder

Woody - '90 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon LS
Last 3: 19.57 mpg (US)

Brick - '99 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban LS
Last 3: 12.94 mpg (US)

M. C. - '01 Chevrolet Impala Base
90 day: 17.09 mpg (US)

R. J. - '05 Ford Explorer 4wd
90 day: 16.66 mpg (US)
It has a 5.0 Litre Gas Engine and 4-Speed (Overdrive) Transmission so for its make and model year it gets the highest fuel economy out of the box compared to its other counterparts, Excluding the California model and Diesels, According to this page:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...aCaprice.shtml

14 City/16 Combined/20 Highway.

This car already stinks up the place a bit more than my Dad's Caravan but is it legal to remove the anti-pollution equipment on it and if I did would it raise the fuel economy? I live in an area of Pennsylvania that doesn't have pollutant tests done.

Thanks for the valuable information about lowering the car. I'm wondering though if that's a good idea considering some of the roads where I live and that I've scraped something (Maybe the tailpipe) on the road just going in and out of a particular parking lot. Is there something I can do about that?

A bit off-topic, Perhaps: Also I think for some cars like this one, Can EcoModder have a "Fuel economy information not available" option for when I log in trips in the Garage? I had to guesstimate all the fuel economy readings for the trips I did in this car so far.

And I used the aero template, Did I use it right?

Last edited by 101Volts; 04-07-2014 at 05:37 PM..