View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
theicecreamman
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Volts View Post
So are the Pontiac Parisienne and Cadillac Coupe De Ville models what you're referring to?

Here's a photo of a 1986 Pontiac Parisienne with wheel skirts:

Maybe I can find some in decent shape in a junkyard.

And, What's involved in putting an aerodynamic glass on the back end? I'm aware the trunk will need to be shortened in such a modification.

As for the Diesel, Just for reference I realize you're talking about another motor and not the 5.7 that some of these G.M cars came with. An engine swap is definitely a possibility, But for now I'll use the stock motor. The car is close to 110k miles as is, I think I'd be able to get 23+ HWY if I stuck the right Diesel motor in though. And, I'm probably not going to tow anything with this car and it doesn't have a stock hitch.

Thanks.
Have you considered putting a TPI unit off an old F body on that old girl? They're probably giving them away right now. The 305ci version has small cross section runners that are long for more bottom end torque, and since you'll have complete control over the fuelling and ignition, you can tune that thing for max mpg. Then, of course, you could add some tri-y headers, small duals ( like 2.25" all the way out with catalysts, and an X or H pipe ).
The Following User Says Thank You to theicecreamman For This Useful Post:
101Volts (04-10-2014)