View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
kennybobby
Southern Squidbillie

Indy cars raced with carbs and 100% ethanol, and NASCAR used carbs for years

Haha, you pitched an easy homerun...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
I don't understand... carbs.
Several years ago i had a young fellow tell me it was too easy to write software--and he should know 'cause he could really rock at playing games on xbox and could surf the internet faster than all his friends...

If you think EFI is easy then go tell that to all the Nissan owners who have or will end up pulling everything off the top of the motor just to get to the clogged injectors.

i've repaired hundreds of Bosch Motronic units, aka DME digital motor electronics. It was easy for me because i had traced the boards and drew up the schematic, and also knew every line of code in the processor--seems trivial to reverse engineer something if you've never done it before, but anybody who knows basic electronics could do it.

i've cleaned and repaired hundreds of motorsickle carburetors, mostly for Honda V4 and twins, but all makes and models. Anybody with basic mechanical skills could learn to do it--you don't have to be a rocket surgeon.

To the OP: go for it and don't worry about emissions. If you really want to get something done--you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.