View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 04:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
windraver
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaber View Post
I assume there are no CEL's?

You mentioned the possibility of a misfire.

The compression test is where I would start
Thanks cbaber for the response.

No check engine lights. I did a compression test a month due to prior rough idle and all cylinders are good. I rebuilt the engine prior to dropping it in so compression should still be good.

The reason I have difficulty knowing if there is a misfire is due to the fact the engine barely reacts if I disconnect a fuel injector plug. it takes two unplugged injectors to make a difference and even so the ecu simply adjusts.

My query into misfire is due to the high HC leading me to wonder if the car is running rich. The other key to the guess is the O2 level should be closer to 0 if it simply lacked the oxygen to burn.

Some theories I've come up with. please tell me if it makes any sense...
HC means theres unburnt fuel. Maybe fuel injector is not atomizing? Maybe the Cat still burns the some of the fuel(HC) but it ends up being left as CO so high CO?

Would the fuel regulator play any role in excess fuel?

Double cat could means less exhaust outflow. Would that impact the intake vacuum pressure and therefore confuse the MAP sensor to think there is less vacuum... which would mean more speed and so more fuel so I would run too rich?

Actually that last one seems very plausible. Ill try and get a pipe in place of that 2nd cat. Please let me know if you have any other ideas.