View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #178 (permalink)
msantimanzano
EcoModding Lurker

New to your forum, similar issues

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have read this entire thread, as well as a few others. Hoping someone, anyone can assist/inform me.

My car is a 06 Accord Hybrid. I have the dreaded IMA light, and I have known for a while my batteries were on the way out.

I just purchased a complete battery setup from a salvage yard with 6 months warranty. I have not received it yet, but it looks like it's the entire thing, electronics etc, not just the battery box with the sticks.

When I receive it, I want to test the cells, and start doing like you guys have been doing, charging, discharging etc. to hopefully make sure I can have a good pack. If done right, I'll be able to then swap out with the pack in my car, and do it again to those.

For the life of me, I cannot locate any specs on the Accord battery pack. I have heard from some people that the actual cells and sticks, are all the same but I can not, again, locate any actual information online. Therefore, when I get my delivery, I don't know what settings I will need to use to start charging the cells etc. I would try to build a grid charger based on what has been shown on this thread but again, without even knowing what the maximum voltages should be, rates of discharge etc etc, I am going to be at a standstill. I wish I could have just afforded to get a pack from bumblebee but, I can't afford to. I have to do the lowly thing and try to get the one I just purchased and then the one in my car up to speed.

So much good information in your forum for insights etc, so sad that I can't find something similar for the 7th generation accord hybrids.