View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #342 (permalink)
#1fordguy
EcoModding Lurker

Wild Willys - '63 Willys Pickup
Have rented uhaul trailers before with great success. Low price, no storage, rugged trailers available in all sizes. I have thought about buying a trailer maybe 5X7 foot deck? Only issue is in the winter in Vermont, I expect it will be a pain keeping it out of the way during snow removal, or keeping it accessible over winter. Odds are it will wind up frozen in til spring every year as I will get tired of cleaning it off and moving it for plowing. I do like the fold up trailers though! What a great idea. Can be stashed in your garage and chained up against the wall when not needed, and just big enough to haul a riding mower or even trash to the dump! For like $500 or less they are a great buy for an occasional user. For the price I expect they aren't overly rugged but for homeowner use or lugging a 4 wheeler around they should be perfect. I knew a guy who hauled 2 snowmobiles around with a dodge neon. Granted, worked the heck out of the car on the hills, but the other 355+/- days a year he didn't pull the snowmobiles he was getting 30+ MPGs, while the rest of us got 14-16 MPGs all year. And we all thought he was nuts!?