View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 03:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
P-hack
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Yah the muxshield probably wouldn't work. I was thinking since you had one at 72v it might, but no.

I'm sorting out a distributed bms (lots of notes, some parts on order) for cheap per cell and probably something more than an arduino for a controller (i.e. olimex). But it isn't at the top of the list currently, gotta sort out one of them $200 or less chargers and put my controller kit together first.

I get where jack is coming from, he knows what you can do with electronics and he isn't seeing it. Cell level monitoring and inductive balancing and easy installation and warnings before cutoff and charger/controller integration doesn't have to be expensive though, at least not in hardware, at least it looks that way on paper And the relatively dumb op-amp based boards beat the intelligent node boards to market. I think a lot of hardware only guys are stuck, but for less costs they could have had a lot more functionality and less bad rap.

I am definitely going to experiment with a cheap bluetooth adapter and android torque too, though I wouldn't put any critical controls or alerts over bluetooth only, still want hardwired idiot lights methinks. But you could open a terminal application on your android and configure the bms controller as well.

Last edited by P-hack; 04-14-2014 at 05:06 AM..