View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 AM   #70 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Departing the hotel - Friday April 11th..

(My apologies for reposting this from another thread but I intended it to be here in sequence to the last entry - CrazyJerry)
-
The following morning at the hotel I got up very early - sleep was minimal likely due to a low budget subtitled women's wrestling movie that was on a station I've never heard of.... This may have been the earliest known precursor to GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling)! The two main wrestlerettes had some interesting attire on. One looked, and was shaped, like a badly aging Robin (from batman) and the other looked like Catwoman who may have seriously outgrown the taunt black latex suit garnished with a bandit-style mask... wow... sooo hawt......
-
I had the parking lot to myself as I unwrapped the Centurion of it's plastic cocoon. It was during that time I got a real good look at the Aerostang (UltArc's ride) that was a couple of spaces behind and to the left of where I was. - WHAT A MACHINE! - On the surface it looks kinda like a pimped out Mustang but a sharp eye soon picks up on all the attention to details. Very tasteful - very well done! Not only does it look killer - it is! His mpg is better than my '07 Hyundai 3dr (40 best vs 46-ish), and has the option of passing cars at will (I don't).
-
Jumping ahead a bit to trackside, I got to visit with UltArc and his navigator. Nice folks and the real deal! I was hoping after the event the Stang would get 3 laps all to itself - that car begs to be driven around Watkins Glen track in the most non-green way possible! Totally awesome and I'm with Sheepdog 44 regarding the honorable mention statement.
-
Leaving the hotel with my good friend Pete leading, then mloveland78 and co-pilot in the Civic VX, followed by Sheepdog 44 and the pizza from Massachusettes in the Insight, Myself in Centurion, and UltArc and navigator as the anchormen in this relay.
-
This band of merry ecomodders were now enroute to Valero for the official fill up for the 2014 Green Grand Prix - and it seemed we couldn't get there fast enough!!!
-
More to come.....
-
~CrazyJerry

Last edited by changzuki; 08-04-2018 at 09:55 PM..