View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 07:27 PM   #71 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Valero morning fill-up, Friday April 11th, 2014, 7:30 am Captains Log ()
-
Yes we invaded the gas station but not before about 15 or so others! It was a zoo! The fuel Marshalls were pretty good about getting everyone through as fast as possible. I noticed the Alfred State Insight was sooo loww with the front airdam it literally scraped the lip of the cement pad when pulling up to the pump.
-
The fillup was the only since leaving home so I was anxious to see how much I'd used on the trip down...
-

-
Well, the fill took less than 1 minute and a some quick math on cheapie cell phone revealed an outstanding 172 mpg! (and don't forget those crazy 40 mph winds!) This was the first real data that confirmed the last 4 all-nighters (and more) had hit a home-run! Let's go to the races!
-
After the fuel fill we were instructed to turn left and go up to the Watkins Glen International Raceway! We turned left and then we went uuuuuuuppppp! The brochure forgot to mention they got some hills in Watkins Glen and the little Kubota had to earn this ascent!
-

-
Arriving in one piece with the rear axles still in-tact it was time for the Tech-Inspection. Lights, wipers (wiper in my case), tires, air pressure... Ooops, another oversight: the tech inspector suggested I bump up the pressure and was kind enough to loan me a tire gage and point me to the airhose. THANK YOU!
-
Tires up, transponder attached to the rear plate, GGP Official Number 6 affixed to the only spot capable of holding it (the sail post) Centurion was added to the lineup now ready for battle!
-
But we had to go to a pre-race meeting 1st!
Milked this post out! Up next: THE Green Grand Prix!!!!
-
~CrazyJerry

-

Last edited by changzuki; 08-04-2018 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Add swiped pics!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
mikeyjd (05-11-2014), Xist (04-15-2014)