View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I just bought a smart phone. Someone whose advice I am inclined to follow just because I enjoy talking to her told me that the best time to upgrade a phone is after Thanksgiving, Walmart sold new phones for one cent and gave $100 account credit. I looked into it and did not see anything, with everyone having different opinions on the "best time" to upgrade, until I saw a post on SlickDeals that Costco had a deal just like I was told, but this is Costco, which I like, not Walmart, which I dislike.

Unfortunately, that only applied to new lines, the salesman said that there are different deals throughout the year, but for upgrades, the best that you ever get is a "free" phone, they never offer additional credits. Also, instead of offering the phone for one cent, they wanted fifty dollars, although I could get the S4 mini for free.

Verizon had e-mailed my sister, the account holder, offering me the i5C for free, which I never considered.

I like the physical keyboard, but since I chose the Stratosphere II instead of the S4, I need to choose between GPS and MPG? I am not sure how fair the decision is, since I need to use an MPGuino to adapt for lean burn.

Anticlimatically, when I asked that girl about her deal, she simply responded "Upgrade."