View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 01:45 AM   #6471 (permalink)
jedsmd
PLUGnGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
OK, I need a plan for the wiring now. If I got orange 2gauge cable, then it would be "SAE" compliant I think. Here's my plan (so I can test each controller):
3 cables coming out of the controller will be around 3 feet long (from the point of connection inside the controller). They will be orange. All 3 must connect to the Motor Plus.
Okay my ADC motor uses 3/8" studs so I will need lugs with 3/8" holes -- never mind I will just drill yours out.

Quote:
Here's the fuzzy part (but I'll sound assertive. Feel free to tell me to do something else):
3 cables will come out of the controller, and will all need to be connected to battery pack plus (maybe connect all 3 of them to a big fat 4/0 cable that runs to the battery pack plus). The lugs will protrude around 3-4 inches past the end cap, so I can use metal end caps with cable glands.
Please make my B+ leads 20" long. I will trim and add lugs as required.

Quote:
3 cables will come out of the controller , and will all need to be connected to battery pack NEGATIVE (maybe connect all 3 of them to a big fat 4/0 cable that runs to the battery pack NEGATIVE). The lugs will protrude around 3-4 inches past the end cap, so I can use metal end caps with cable glands.
Please make my B- leads 20" long. I will trim and add lugs as required.

I am assuming that all cables come out one end of the controller, is that true?
It would be helpful if they did, but not essential.

The Following User Says Thank You to jedsmd For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (04-15-2014)