View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Scam Alert: Zarzour Motors

Hello all,

A friend of mine is looking for a G1 Insight. They wanted to just get one, so we looked at what was supposed to be the only decent one around.

Travel to this place. I believe the guys name is "Sam."

He says "I bought this car, and I know the odometer is having issues, and there is a flat spot on the rear tire. I couldn't tell you anymore, because I'd be lying, and I am an honest seller." He let us know it's all good, ready to go and get on the road. Hmm...

Took it for a drive. It has a non functioning odometer, trip, ZERO gauges work. Nothing is readable. It has a broken engine mount. It has a check engine light. The IMA battery is nearly done for, not holding a charge at all. The AC does not function at all. There are zero underbody panels, no RE92s, a cracked front bumper, and the windshield is replaced (the front pillars are flapping in the wind, and were not put on properly). The drivers side floor is completely destroyed, and the drivers seat does not budge. The engine, and underbody back is covered in oil.

Took it to autozone. It ran five codes, they gave me P1259, P0240, P1457, P1447, and the other one they couldn't find and I couldn't see. Yea...

When we got back, I said it needed a lot of work. I went on to let him know about the engine mount- "Yea, I know." I was shocked. I then said, here are the codes for the engine (AutoZone print outs), and he said "Yea, I know about all of those, I have them inside."

He is under the impression cars don't need to pass E Check in Ohio (all of the counties in his area). He also does not state ANY of this, and omits the truth. To me, it is a bold faced lie to say it is in great shape, ready to go, charge almost twice the Blue Book, and know all that is wrong with it. I really advise staying away from this car- my friend is now bugging me to get in contact with USMCRosa for a good car, and EVERY issue informed to us no matter how small.

Stay away from Zarzour Motors.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.