View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 02:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
ecomodded
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Thanks for the tips and opinions, it sounds promising ,has today's Diesel been reformulated ? That's what I read , I think I'll find that link later..
when lube is needed it all will help is what i picked up.

Oil pan you burn a heavy blend,makes me think I am playing it to safe with my 25ml per 55l estimate. I think I could splurge a full cup of and be plenty safe ..

CriPpLeD roOsTeRoster, that makes sense, 2 stroke is meant to be burnt as opposed to ATF fluid.

I need a better 2 stroke explanation but this one is a start..
2-Stroke

Many a times when you read on online forums or talk to fellow motorcyclist/scooterist, you will find that there is general idea that synthetic is better than mineral (non-synthetic) oil. Why? because as people claim, it gives more power, and is smoother, whatever. Bull.

The truth is that synthetic may or may not always be better than non-synthetic oils. For a clearer picture, one should look at the performance quality classification label on the bottle. I shall refer to the Japanese JASO standard as it is most frequently used. http://vesporeanfaq.wikispaces.com/t...t+2-stroke+oil

follow the link for wikipedia with the JASO standards:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````

Automatic transmission fluid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or a good snippet below:

Most ATFs contain some combination of additives that improve lubricating qualities,[1][2][3] such as anti-wear additives, rust and corrosion inhibitors, detergents, dispersants and surfactants (which protect and clean metal surfaces); kinematic viscosity and viscosity index improvers and modifiers, seal swell additives and agents (which extend the rotational speed range and temperature range of the additives' application); anti-foam additives and anti-oxidation compounds to inhibit oxidation and "boil-off"[4] (which extends the life of the additives' application); cold-flow improvers, high-temperature thickeners, gasket conditioners, pour point depressant and petroleum dye. All ATFs contain friction modifiers, except for those ATFs specified for some Ford transmissions and the John Deere J-21A specification;[5] the Ford ESP (or ESW) - M2C-33 F specification Type F ATF (Ford-O-Matic) and Ford ESP (or ESW) - M2C-33 G specification Type G ATF (1980s Ford Europe and Japan)[6] specifically excludes the addition of friction modifiers.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````

the ATF additives make it attractive to People, I suspect, If it cleans and lubes It may be superior , although its meant to clean and lube gears not so much combustion chambers.

ATF could help seals of the fuel system , possibly injectors and fuel pump seals and gears, not sure what 2 stroke adds besides lube ir may well have detergents.