View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
What else could I use an Insight battery for?

I am interested in investing in some solar power.

I have a nice deep cycle battery that is pretty old, but may be picking up another Insight battery.

I am planning on purchasing this eventually: Amazon.com: Solar Panel Starter Kit 100W Monocrystalline:100W Solar Panel UL 1703 Listed+2 20' Solar cables+PWM 30A Charge Controller+ Uniquely Designed Z Bracket Mounts: Patio, Lawn & Garden

And putting the battery under a table, like this:

But wood, and that lower area concealed. The inverter would be attached to a leg, and poking up through a hole cut through the top, so the outlets are flush . I was also thinking about installing my wireless charger for my RW Moto G into the table, like this: Wireless charging nightstand mod injects Nokia Qi into IKEA - SlashGear

There would be some space for ventilation, before others chime in, I just can't let my cats or dog connect the poles.

Anyway, that is my general plan. But I was thinking about using an Insight battery as a future option, or for another project. I understand it doesn't just connect the way a normal battery does, and more work may need to be done, but I was just brainstorming and was looking forward to hearing others views, ideas, and input.

Not posted on IC.N because they are a decent group, but I think we're a bit more creative here

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.