View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
The last couple mornings I've taken the car to work it has started fine, but idled a little rough at start up. The mechanic who did the alignment also mentioned this when I picked up the car. The car has had the check engine light on for a few months for a small evap leak, so I didn't think to check it. Well, I got around to that the other day to see not one, but four engine codes. One was still the evap leak, the next was a problem with the crankshaft position sensor, and the other was the camshaft position sensor, the 4th was an unknown code. Obviously this is going to effect my ignition timing and thus efficiency, so I need to figure out what is going on there.

On the plus side, I've been getting more used to the car. I've been doing more neutral coasting with it. Today was a nice warmer day, almost 60F! I got 34 mpg on the way in to work. So, unless the SG is really far off, I should fairly easily be able to hit my goal of 30+ as a tank average. The SG currently says the tank is at 29.9 mpg.