View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
On one hand, it is above blue book value.
On the other hand, like you pointed out, they don't come up for sale.

So you have to ask your self, how much are you willing to pay for a car that you otherwise can't find.

People who own them like them and don't want to sell them, there were also a very limited number of them built.

I have not talked to anyone who's bought one with a 5 speed that paid much less then that asking price without the car needing some kind of repairs.
But you know how I get good deals on cars? wait and watch that car, if no one else buys it in a few weeks then call the seller up and go look at it, only after looking at it ask how much they would be willing to reduce the price.

Also, if you want to get a good deal, make sure you have cash, non of this "I just need to wait a few weeks to get paid" if they say they will sell it to you for less, assume that they will also sell it to someone else for even less if you don't return that day with money in hand, because for all you know, if you tell them you can give them $2,500 in their hand, they might just take it.

Or there might be someone who wants that car more then you and is willing to pay the full $5,500 for it without question.