Thread: 88 Prelude
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
chimere
EcoModding Lurker

Lude - '88 Honda Prelude 4WS-Si
Send a message via AIM to chimere
88 Prelude

Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for a while, but I decided it's time to surface and introduce you to the Lude. I didn't post this in the intro's forum because I plan to use this thread to post updates about my aeromods and such. My car is an 88 Honda Prelude with a manual transmission. The only thing resembling an efficiency mod I've done to it so far is replacing the suspension to lower it 1.5". In its current state I get about 43mpg which is almost double the epa, but I'm not satisfied :]

I got my MPGuino wired into the car today with no problems and the first test drive looked promising (See attachment). My plan is to install the 'guino where my clock currently resides. This is so that I don't have to shift my gaze too much to see it. And who wants to know how late to work one is anyway when one is hypermiling? :P

Future plans for the Lude are to install a grill block, even though my grill is relatively small to begin with. Also I think a mirror delete would be fairly simple. I'm not sure if I want to attempt wheel covers yet, as the car has four wheel steering and blending with the body would be difficult.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mpguino 021s.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1111   Click image for larger version

Name:	mpguino 004s.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1112