View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:56 PM   #85 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
The previous 5 days before the event were: sleep an hour, work on the car, sleep an hour, more work and so forth. The main diet was water and caffeine, or any substitute that advertised lots of energy and weight loss! The various fad diets (48 hour diet, Hollywood Diet, Cabbage soup diet; Super Power Squirts ) would all fall short of the Pre-week Race All-Nighters diet!
-
Prior to Stage 1 of the Green Grand Prix, Team Centurion via emails, discussed issues regarding weight: specifically the Navigator's weight. After nearly 5 decades on the planet, It was not possible for the primary driver to shed anymore weight.
-
So as you might imagine, Sheepdog 44's arrival at the Hotel was highly anticipated! Initially as I approached his car my hopes plummeted ; a large half-eaten pepperoni pizza was occupying the passenger seat. The picture took a surprising twist when he exited the car through the door lock - yes!!! Centurion just might meet it's loaded target race weight of 1340 lbs!
-
After a decent meal at the Outback Steakhouse, reality set in; both myself and my Navigator just gained at least 10 lbs each! As you may have guessed, it was now all up to Sheepdog 44 . After a brief discussion about laxatives and other cleansing anecdotes, he assured me he would metabolize everything in less than 12 hours; the time we got the green start flag. Let the record show this in fact did happen and the passenger side only dipped 1/8 inch after seating!
-
To furthur decrease weight, there were no sound deadners, headliner, carpet (except on the dash to reduce glare), inner door handles, etc... While this proved to be advantageous it made the Centurion seem crude and unpolished. To regain that manufactured appeal and luster we had to pull out all the stops:
-

-

-

-

-
Team Centurion's secret - ultra lightweight sound deadener!
-
-
With no time to waste, there was still dozens of laps left to go. A quick look at the fuel sight glass confirmed that today, Centurion was indeed having the run of its life!!!!
-
The journey will continue....
-
~CrazyJerry

Last edited by changzuki; 08-04-2018 at 10:00 PM..