View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 05:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Simonas
EcoModding Lurker

Mazda 626 - '80 Mazda 626 Base
I hadn't heard of the acidic blow by problem, but wouldn't that be because the stuff is getting by the rings? The oil should help keep the rings seated and not let the stuff blow by.

Also, faster starters would be preferable to slow ones as the rings would have more pressure against them, making them seal well before the engine even fires.

I suppose engines not wearing out is less of a problem now than it was thirty years ago. I'm rebuilding an engine that was rebuilt once before at a minimum, and before that there was another engine that was the original. Either the guy didn't change oil or something...

Interesting... The price for that accumulator is quite high. I mean, for that price you could buy a 3000 psi accumulator. Just a normal water pressure tank would work assuming it could handle 70psi and the bladder wasn't affected by the oil.

Also, the electric valve kit doesn't appear to be made to prelubricate the engine; that has to be done manually...

I have an electric valve that is for 3000psi, a one way when off and two way when on type. It cost $48 at surpluscenter.com.

I also have heard of electric pumps that keep oil flowing to a turbo even after the engine is turned off.

Last edited by Simonas; 05-01-2014 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Clarification