View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #87 (permalink)
dustyfirewalker
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
The reason I dont believe in vapor engines is if they offered such a great advantage then why dont propane and natural gas engines offer any advantage over gasoline engines?

If you had a turbodiesel you would have a high compression engine capable of incinerating most heaver fuels, built in waste heat recovery with the ability to expand waste heat recovery, the ability to burn e85, ethanol, methanol, natural gas, propane, gasoline with intake fumigation.
And run water injection and actually have it deliver measurable gains.
i would say the advantages of propane and CNG at this point is just a cheaper cleaner fuel. most experience a power loss bc they dont have a compression ratio capable of taking advantage of their anti knock capabilities. bc they dont have an engine idealized for those specific fuels they dont get the most out of the fuel. also they may not get the MPG's they get with gasoline for the same reason. we all know those engines run in stock form, i have seen a few people go nuts with compression ratios and turbos on propane or cng and get power, but not sure about mpg.

i agree that the diesel cycle is superior. it makes 100% sense to only push on the piston when it goes down. with a good compression ratio and no possibility of detonation. i also dont doubt that with a high enough compression ratio, the right fuel pump+injectors you could burn syrup as fuel haha.

typical carbs mix fuel and air to attempt making a flammable vapor. if i can just get the typical heavy waste oil hot enough it will have some properties similar to gasoline. and in its vaporized or smoked form it will be similar to woodgas, in my previous videos watch "chemistry of fire"

thanks for the comments guys. after finals ill be spending alot more time on the truck this summer