View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #71 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The donkey CRX View Post
One thought for "fixing" the "fast" rear departure would be to remove the rear glass and build up a new frame for it that was lifted at the bottom to match the template. Do you think that approach has any merit? Don't worry about hurting my feelings, because I am confident you can save me *valuable time and effort with your experience.

On a another note, I started my version of the WHEELHOUSE DEPARTURE Radii. I hope to get Ecotex to post some pictures soon.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on that project
Welcome! We love your car!

When I think about the final version of the Kamm-back that I want for my Civic, I often think about cars with long and flat windshields. The newer Civics have really long ones, I do not know what would be better. I understand that trimming vehicle glass is difficult and almost everyone says that even the people with the most experience often break a windshield when trimming it, but I think that would be the best way to maintain visibility, if we can make it work.

How would you use a built-up trunk?

Some of us have discussed trying to convert sedans into fastbacks. There is a recent thread where one Ecomodder found the car of another and posted pictures. He considered cutting his Kamm-back to match the trunk, but just left it, and accesses his trunk from the inside.