View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
beatr911
Master EcoModder

B2300 - '96 Mazda B2300 SE

Focus - '05 Ford Focus ST

The red car - '00 Honda Insight
I'm doing an experiment with the tires. We have a good used tire dealer here that sells "inspected" near-new tires for $35 each mounted and balanced. 2 BFG Traction TA, OEM spec tire probably for a GM car, and 2 Delta Vista off-brand generic replacement tire. Especially a year ago, the difference of $35 and well over $100 for a brand new tire would buy alot of gas. These days I'd have to do a cost analysis to see if a new LRR tire would pay off.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about the grille block, but we're leaving on our trip tomorrow and time is short (still need to install the EFIE after the softball game tonight).

The upper grille block is black painted white ex-election sign coroplast. Open the hood, remove cover over the radiator, upper grille. Cut to fit and zip tied to the back of the upper grille - looking at it one can hardly tell it is installed.

The lower covers are a little tacky. Same black painted white ex-election sign coroplast cut to fit on the outside of the openings. Attached with zip ties penetrating the covers and looping around the center grill bar. It ends directly underneath the license plate mount, so the only opening is directly under the license plate. Going to hot Calfornia so I may open one side to get more cooling. I really should hook up an LED to indicate fan operation and adjust the opening size so the fan doesn't operate much.