View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
sheepdog 44

I looked at some CT90's, and i got concerned about taking it past 55mph with good streamlining. It would be perfect for maximum mpg as a rural commuting vehicle with 55mph speed limits. I could practically pick it up with one arm, and the tires are nice and skinny. But taking a low speed bike past it's limits awakened a self preservation instinct.

As far as new bikes, the SYM Symba is the best candidate. Front disks, telescopic forks, chain drive, swing arm not integrated into transmission. A bit bigger than a Honda Passport. But the other options can be found much cheaper. And do you want to buy a new bike when you dont need any of the stock body panels?

I've looked into a Rebel 250. Which is good cause it's a highway capable machine right out. It has the lowest stock seat height of anything i cold find at 26.6 inches. (i pm'ed Theo, and he said the seat height of their modified Innovas is 20inches., Stock seat height ~30inches). So yeah, losing 6.6inches could be doable. The one thing i don't like is the rear tire. It's so fat, which is bad aerodynamically if you want to streamline. Having the widest width tire at the backis bad for tapering. But what kills me is imagining the rolling resistance of that tire! Also the front tire is 18 inches, which isn't as good if you want to enclose the thing lock to lock.

I really like the Honda Nighthawk 250. Skinny tires, and better smaller diameter tires. No disk brakes in US though. Seat height is 29.7 inches compared to 26.6 of the Rebel.

Compromise compromise!