View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
TurnNBurn
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
72v dc to 12v dc? I know the computer power supplies are stack able and can be used for dc projects such as battery chargers and such. The 12 volt sla batteries used in the ups still have a usable life for ev projects even after they are no longer good for use as a back up power supply.

Some people connect the ups to a larger deep cycle battery for longer service when the power goes out. Of course I doubt any of this can help you with the project at hand.

If you are able to sell the servers you got a few people interested here, but thats another story.
We actually have a huge rack of small SLA bats and I brought about 15 of them home for testing my bike with. So I have those on the garage floor. After I'm done with them I'm giving 2 to a co-worker for a car jump pack.

I'm actually looking at keeping the SLA batteries and getting a solar setup. Use the UPS and batteries to power some electronics and solar charge the batteries.

As for the servers, those aren't sell-able. Sorry. I was just looking to re-use the stuff that was getting tossed in dumpsters or taken to recycling centers.