View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by metromizer View Post
that is just about everyone's first impression of even the '08 'cartoon cars' like Focus, Aveo, Yaris, etc... Then I ask myself "what if gasoline cost $20/gallon... would a double-butt-ugly car be attractive then?"
Beats me why a small, two-seater has to be ugly, even allowing for differences in taste. Look at some of the cars with really low Cda, for instance the Aptera or (going back a ways) the Lotus Europa: are they ugly?

On the other hand, is there anything much uglier than some of the current pickup & SUV designs, with grill & front end deliberately styled to resemble a penis? Bodies that look like they were sliced in half along a horizontal plane, and an extra foot of sheet metal inserted?

Quote:
...he wished the driver of every car's face was sticking out beyond his or her front bumper.
That's the way I feel about motorcycle helmets. Used to listen to friends who'd go on about how they just didn't feel safe without a helmet. To which my reply was that if they felt safe, they didn't belong on a bike. Complete & total paranoia is the only sensible way to ride :-)