View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Flatstalker
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the feedback and to the photo coaching from kir_kenix and Metro MPG. I may have some build photos but didn't take many. I built it over OSB form frames which I drew somewhat intuitively. Admittedly it would be great to be able to craft a design via computer but you have seen my challenges with photos. The Plascore comes in flat and kerfed panels. The kerfed product will take extra filling and fairing and the flat ones don't yield to complex curves well as you would expect with plywoods. Overall the result was not as lightweight as I would have liked ~130 pounds because as light as the panels are, one must reinforce with a lot of glass and resin. I could have made it much lighter and cheaper if strip planked like a kayak: 1/4" thick cedar with 6 oz. fabric in/out. But I wanted to test the new to me Plascore characteristics. Any suggestions for a free and easy t learn CAD program? I plan to draw a flats boat hull in the next couple of winters. Too soon to tell if my MPG improved I have no instrument and I rarely drive long distances.. It certainly got quiet though. Cudos to the Monstaliner bedliner a product of Magna/Chassis Saver manufacturer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flatstalker For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-24-2015), BamZipPow (05-13-2014)