View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Istas
is not covered in bees.

Honda - '05 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 27.16 mpg (US)

Insight - '00 Honda Insight w A/C
90 day: 66.55 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Istas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Have you never considered to replace the rearview mirrors for smaller ones out of some sports motorcycle due to their aerodynamically-enhanced profile? This mod could still increase the aerodynamic efficiency of your car while retaining the functionality of the mirrors.
I just about never use the side mirrors, preferring to turn and check the blind spots directly rather than use the limited view of the mirrors. In addition, state laws for Montana only require one mirror that can see directly behind the car for 200 feet (similar to PA, where I lived before and drove my Legacy with mirrors removed to no complaints from local law enforcement). And this car has good visibility.

So I'm going to remove them entirely, once I figure out how I want to handle the void they leave (which is triangular, varies in depth from one end to the other, requires both waterproofing and sound insulation, wedges under part of the door structure on one side, and appears to be holding in place the front edge of the window trim). This is giving me pause on how to accomplish, as I want to be able to easily remove and replace it, if/when I need the side mirrors (due to, say, blocked view from cargo). Grill blocks, airdam, rear wheel skirts, and smooth wheel covers are all easier than that, so I'm doing them first.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by Istas; 05-14-2014 at 02:57 PM..