View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
It saddens me to see how far this has gone with my recommendations based on you having some recourse with the selling dealer. It was only on post 27 that this information was made obvious to me and every prior recommendation was based on you having that recourse.

I've been soo poor that I had to resort to the observer determining which wheel was hopping. I only hope that you know someone who is perceptive enough to observe which wheel-tire is the casue of your problem. Maybe your father?

regards
Mech
I could have sworn I posted that sooner, I sincerely apologize for not making 100% sure I stated it sooner. Also, the back left rim is still bent, but I have both the new rims with the good tires on the front so, shouldn't the shimmy not be there anymore with the bent rim being in the back? When my dad comes home tomorrow from work he told me we are going to take the tires/rims off his '04 Corolla and put them on mine to see if it goes away. I'm sorry Mechanic for not being 100% sure, I have never gone through this and I'm extremely stressed about this... I don't know what to do and it terrifies me because if I don't get it fixed I'm worried the car will rattle apart driving it to work everyday. And last but not least, I did test drive it, but it was all city so the fastest I got the car up to was 55mph and it's smooth at that speed. The nearest freeway was like 5-7 miles away of city driving, no highway...