View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 03:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Flatstalker, AMAZING Job!!!!

I know you are getting some positive results with this.

Do tell, It quiets down the ride at highway speeds doesn't it? And, have you noticed that it just seems more "Planted" like the wind does not buffet you around as much and it feels more like it wants to go straight down the road? You have really dropped your lift coefficient I'm certain.

What kind of feedback does the man on the street give it? Do people like the way it looks?

When I built mine, I thought it was ugly, and when I realized it wasn't an optimal design, I really didn't like it. The reactions I got from people were mixed to it.

Yours is as close to optimal as a topper can be, I like how you've made the open back with the little awning extended out to keep out 90% of the weather while maintaining a line of sight out the back.

How did you know to keep the back 8 inches or so off the gate? This is counter-intuitive, most people would put the rear on the tailgate thinking they were making the smallest wake possible that way.

Kinda what this guy did....What was he THINKING?

If you just want to draw things, I use the "Insert Shape" feature in my MS WORD program to great effect in creating 2D pictures. There are a few tricks that make it very simple to use and you can tweak a curved line to the Nth degree. It does not give you a drawing that can be used in a proper CAD program, it just gives you a JPG picture for the most part. Let me know if you have MS Word & want to learn more & I'll talk you through how to use it.

Again, Perfect job on your design!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
aerohead (05-15-2014)