View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
nemo
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Glad to see that the problem is significantly improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
I have had my dad and 3 mechanic shops look at the car and nobody can find out what the problem is. I'm at a complete loss.
From what you have posed it was not one thing. There were three (or four?) bent rims plus issues with both control arms. My guess is someone ran it over a median or parking curb. Sometimes finding the solution is a process. They may not be able to get to the bottom of it the first time.

I would not have changed mechanics three times without good reason. Not saying you didn't have.That said you need to find a shop you trust and treats you fairly so the next time you have a difficult problem you are not afraid to take it back. Multiple times if required.

Consider this a cheap lesson in buying used cars. Look back over the whole process and see what you should or could have done differently in both the buying process and repair experience.

PS If you are totally sick of dealing with the problem you could try moving the right front wheel to a different location to see if there is any change.

Last edited by nemo; 05-15-2014 at 05:41 PM..