View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #361 (permalink)
josemapiro
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Hi. Tvago, Jose and guys. So my avr programmer has arrived. I installed usb drivers from the website, programmer software itself and of course Anduino 1.0.5-r2.
I opened new scatch with defult name. All driver installed correctly. I checked.

AVR programer is on Com port 4 and AVR prgorammer TTL come port 5. I changed in settings to change to Com port 4 and tried 5 as well. Not sure which one to point Anduino to but tried both.

Programmer is set to AVR ISP but i also tried AVRISP mkII

Board is set to Arduino Duemilanove w/ AT mega 328
(I have Jellybean board with ATmega 328 chip)

Copied and pasted 191 code into scatch. Connected programmer to ISP port on jellybean guino board and clicked on upload.
It went 90% in and completed but on the bottom gave me completion log

Binary sketch size: 20,814 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

And nothing changed on mpguino. Still has 0.86 code in there. I pulled positive cable to reboot Guino after code upload and put it back in. Still 0.86 code.

Few questions. I'm not sure my settings are correct. Also not sure if MPGuino should be connected to car battery power source. It was in my case. Also when ISP cable gets plugged in should LCD screen be flashing or just show normal mpguino 0.86 code operation? I tried all configurations btw for 30 min and code did not upload to chip. Also if i want to pull current code and save it to file just in case what are the steps.
My settings are not correct or i'm doing something wrong ??? :/
He liked to help but I have no knowledge to do this, this board is completely foreign to me.
Try using all available boards for atmega 328 Arduino IDE, it may work with some of these boards.

José Rodrigues