View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
I'm going to run seafoam in my '90 Firebird very soon. But what I've always loved is Restore engine treatment (what's on spikeTV on the weekends). Tossed it in the GMC Jimmy. Cured it's rough idle, and it ran over all a ton smoother. The stuff lasts about 5000 miles if I remember right, and we got about 4500 out of it before you could tell the engine was starting to run a bit rougher. But fuel economy was a bit better over all, and just having an engine that felt happier made it good for me. 5-6 bucks I think.

When I 1st got the firebird, it ran like hell. After the water pump and a few drives to let the ECU relearn (the car sat for almost a year before I got it, dead batt and all) and it was still a pretty rough car. Tossed in a can of Restore, and the car started easier, and ran a good bit smoother. No, the effects of it didn't last long, the car leaks oil like mad, but it helped get me past inspection. lol

6 new fuel injectors later and now the car runs much better, so I only wonder what seafoam and Restore would do for it.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues