View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Glad to see that the problem is significantly improved.

From what you have posed it was not one thing. There were three (or four?) bent rims plus issues with both control arms. My guess is someone ran it over a median or parking curb. Sometimes finding the solution is a process. They may not be able to get to the bottom of it the first time.

I would not have changed mechanics three times without good reason. Not saying you didn't have.That said you need to find a shop you trust and treats you fairly so the next time you have a difficult problem you are not afraid to take it back. Multiple times if required.

Consider this a cheap lesson in buying used cars. Look back over the whole process and see what you should or could have done differently in both the buying process and repair experience.

PS If you are totally sick of dealing with the problem you could try moving the right front wheel to a different location to see if there is any change.
I changed mechanics because they said they didn't know what the problem is... The Tierods match up and aren't bent, the control arms have been replaced, all the bent rims are replaced. I'm about to drive this car into the desert and pack it with explosives. I'm so done with this car at this point. It drives me crazy that it drives so smooth up to 65mph where it's just unbearable. At 90MPH it's smooth as butter, why 65? What is causing it? Who knows. Nothing some explosives can't fix -.-.