View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Beaver
Chronologically Gifted

Base Metro - '96 Geo Metro
90 day: 54.24 mpg (US)

Neon ACR - '98 Dodge Neon ACR

Banana Slug - '64 Volkswagen Bug

Spirit - '92 Toyota Class C Motorhome Winnebago Itasca
90 day: 17.26 mpg (US)
Love cars, hate foreign oil!

Hello,
Beaver here. I just finished school here at Oregon State University, thus the handle. I went back to school after taking 30 years off to raise a family and have a career. Family grew up and moved away (Except for wife, she's still here) and career was in the Northwest timber industry, so it also moved away...
Have always loved cars, since my first car, a 56 Ford Victoria. It was only 12 years old when I bought it (for $75). Have had lots of gas guzzlers, from Corvettes to 3/4 ton 4WD pickups. Presently I have an 84 S10 Blazer 4WD with a 400 hp 350 small block, and a 700R4 trans. Death rocket, incredibly bad gas mileage. I don't use it any more; my son drives it occasionally. Have been downsizing with houses and cars, and recently read an article on hypermilers. Started checking it out and found that the Geo Metro did well on fuel economy. Now I have one, and I'm trying to figure out how to make the most of it. I can see that this forum is going to be a big help on that score. The whole idea is starting to feel like a new hobby; just what I (don't) need! Oh, well...
Cheers,
Beaver

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."
--George Carlin

"Life is like a 10-speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use."
-- Linus