View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #46 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Yep, pretty good weather and no major issues. It has been windy a few days (20-30mph), so that's not very fun. Streamlining would probably help a bit in the wind, I'll have to see what I can do after I get the rest of the bike worked out.

I've put about 150 miles on it since converting. Everything is working great. My biggest complaint is the battery on the rear rack, just too much weight back there. Building a triangle box seems like its beyond my skills and tools. It would have to be very precise to not interfere with the cranks (there's less than 1/4" of clearance on each side, and that's just the battery). I'm going to try to get it set up nicely in a backpack and see how that feels. I think mounting the battery would have been easier if I'd ordered the it split in half like BarelyAWake. I can see why guys like using RC packs despite the fire risk, those would be a dream to mount compared to this beast.

Here's a couple pics of how I've had it set up, with and without the "stealth" bag.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vskid3 For This Useful Post:
Cobb (05-18-2014), Grant-53 (05-20-2014)