View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #289 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post

That's my favorite shot, because it seems to be the most effective at communicating what seems like precise craftsmanship. The lines are clean and symmetrical and solid looking. Wonderful.
This view is a little to the left of the drivers eyeline view from the seat. I plan to put a single wide angle rear view mirror in the center top between the connecting tubes of the two semicircular roll tubes. The height is almost exactly the same as the wifes outside mirrors on her Sorento, but mine will be above every other part of the body structure. I aslo plan to use that same location as the exhaust for cabin airflow, since the angle from the windshield to that point will create a low pressure area.

I haven't completely decided in my mind what I am going to do with the rear end behind the two side panels. I need to mount a license plate, tail-stop lamp and both rear turn signals. I have the rear of the donor motorcycle frame which gives me factory mounting of those components and I also need to provide for exahusting of the engine compartment airflow.

While progress is slow, I find that gives me more time to sort things out in my mind before commiting to the actual construction. Just today my younger brother (3rd of 4 total) gave me a bag of military grade brackets for wiring. Now I can work on the "spine" above the engine that will support the wiring harness, radiator and fuel tank above the engine.

This project will probably take me another 6 months to a year to finish, but when it is done it will look factory made and be capable of all weather operation. It will have heat and defrost capabilities but no AC.

Eventually it will also have a reverse, but for the time being I can easily push it backwards.

regards
Mech
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (05-18-2014), HHOTDI (05-18-2014), Xist (05-18-2014)