View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
At least the 1st-gen Insight had some personality at its design, while the 2nd-gen became as bland as the Prius. Well, Honda intended to add some functionality to the Insight but it could be done without sacrificing the sporty style it used to have.
Gen1 definitely had innovation. While its hybrid system did not work as well in the city as the Prius, I always thought that the car was otherwise better-designed, but since the Prius was better-known, I did not like that people would think that the Insight was a copy of the Gen1 Prius, which was a sedan.

Even if both just used Ye Holy Template, Tremble All who Behold It!

I do not have a good impression on the Gen2I. Looking into it, I am not finding any good arguments either way, someone complained that he or she needed to look through the steering wheel people to see the instrument cluster, and could not see all of it, but also hit his or her head trying to sit in the Insight.

I dated a girl with a Toyota Echo, Yaris, Xiali, Vitz, or Platz; she got it because she could not see a normal speedometer.

She was 5'0".

A different woman, of the same height, always tells me how small my Prelude was, because she hit her head. I am 6'2" and never had that problem...

Another poster put down a deposit on the Insight, but bailed because there was not a rear cupholder.

"I didn't consider the Fit -- I'm simply done with engines that don't automatically shut off at stoplights."

Does anyone have any useful information comparing the Gen2I and the Prius of the same years? It sounds like once they came out with the Prius C, if you had considered the Insight, you had much less reason for it.