View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #374 (permalink)
stewie
EcoModding Lurker

Milano Red VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)
T vago thank you very much again. OK so i got Arduino Uno from Radio Shack and so i thought it would be smooth sailing it was not. lol. I chacked com port for uno and it was correct, changed board to uno changed isp to andruino isp and was getting same error
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync. Ok i played with it for a while and was not able to get this up. So i took chip from it and installed it into JBD board and since i was able to get into the board and chip from your code before but chip was incorrect and i think i was able to flash the chip. Well i'm pretty sure it flashed ok but maybe you can confirm. Not sure where log is but i'm copying and pasting what screen log was showing. BTW only version that worked was Andruino IDE 1.0. 1.05 did not work. Maybe 1.0.1 works too. didn't try. I also tried to upload 0.86 code in but it give me compiling errors that some values are not defined. I thought this code was stable and solid and without any errors. Werid.

....there was more to the upside

avrdude: Recv: > [3e]
avrdude: Recv: . [06]
avrdude: Recv: . [00]
avrdude: Recv: H [48]
# | 100% 7.75s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 20814 bytes of flash verified
avrdude: Send: . [1b] . [0f] . [00] . [03] . [0e] . [11] . [01] . [01] . [08]
avrdude: Recv: . [1b]
avrdude: Recv: . [0f]
avrdude: Recv: . [02]
avrdude: Recv: . [0e]
avrdude: Recv: . [11]
avrdude: Recv: . [09]

avrdude done. Thank you.

So i think the chip is ok now but after i took power from it and put it back in (reboot) and still displays this. Not sure if this is chip, code or board now. I may have shorted either some component on the board or lcd itself. Antone wants to take a wild guess if it's lcd itself of board component. I have mulitimeter and good soldering skills so i may wip out schematics and start testing components but maybe someone knows if it's lcd or component and which one it would be shorted most likely. I have no luck with this thing.

P.S
If anyone wants some enhanced Andruido IDE here it is
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,118440.0.html

Last edited by stewie; 05-18-2014 at 08:26 PM..