View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
DoctorP82
EcoModding Lurker

Boy Blue - '93 Jeep Cherokee Country
90 day: 18.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPlastic View Post
Great Start What's next a little aero modding?

I did a grill block on mine so far. Been trying to find time to make an under body tray.

Seems like the number of cherokee's on this forum is growing
It may have been posts by you or by DPOV that I found on Google that lead me to ecomodder.com in the first place. I had recently seen the hypermiling article in USA Today, and started doing my own personal research (I'm a medical student, and an uber nerd. I try to validate anything I see in the news with my own researching ).

My next steps are likely to do a partial grill block (your threads are helpful on this!). I want to get my bumper replaced; it's slightly bent, and the right bumper flare is broken off. I'm sure I can improve my aero by fixing that. I am really interested in a front air dam to push air lower and around the Jeep, and I think I've got a great idea for how to do it without it having to be permanent (and can go on/off in under 5 minutes!). I'll share that soon....

Re roofracks: I do want them off. They are tricky just looking at them, though I didn't try too hard to find a tool to fit the star-tip bolts hiding inside the longitudinal rack mounts. I have just looked a little at different kammback aeromods on the forums, and wondered how a plexi partial kammback might be set to mount on those racks. If you built it just right, it might be retractable back over the roof when not deployed on long highway trips. Input on this one highly welcome.