View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #377 (permalink)
josemapiro
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Okay... Progress on the MPGuino code is as follows: I've added an overall Menu page, similar to what josemapiro suggested with his PowerPoint example. I've started changing the Parallax 5-position button programming to be more like that PowerPoint example, too. This will enable me to add the A-B test viewer, as well as the coastdown test. I simply could not add any more button-press combinations, otherwise.

The Menu page is accessed by pressing <UP> on the Parallax 5-postion button, or by pressing <LEFT> and <RIGHT> together on the traditional 3 button setup. The Setup page, which used to be accessed by these button press combinations, is now a Menu page entry.

As with all other displays, the MPGuino code will continue to reliably gather fuel and distance information in the background. This is different than, say, the UltraGauge - The UltraGauge user manual clearly states that fuel consumption information is not gathered while a menu is displayed.

The beta is posted here - once I have refined it, hopefully with input from one or more of y'all, it will be posted at the first post of this thread.
I've been testing the menu, and it seems to be on track but needs some fixes.
A bug I found, is to move forward, must repeat the line that is down the next menu, but on the top line. How is lets not select the row below.
Another fix would be the arrow that indicates the selected line, position yourself above or below in order to be possible to see the next line to be selected. Ie if you use the up button, the arrow should be down, to show up the next line, if you use the down button, the arrow should be on top, to show the next line below.
For the first presentation this menu is very good, when everything right, I have no doubt it will get 5 stars, is much easier to work.
Another excellent work t vago

Thank you
José Rodrigues

Last edited by josemapiro; 05-19-2014 at 06:47 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
Felar (05-20-2014), t vago (05-19-2014)