View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Yeah, I pretty much stereotype certain car ads when looking for a car that's going to cost me thousands of dollars, I jump right over them.

I wouldn't necessarily say I am jumping to conclusions, since I have been living in this market for over 30 years and know it pretty well, but that's your opinion, and you are free to it.

Would it be stereotypical of me to assume that if I saw a camo F250 in Centralia with a gun rack lifted 6 inches on Mickey Thompsons, it was probably driven by a red neck? Yeah, maybe. . . .
To assume a camo truck is owned by a red neck? Yes, you are probably right and you probably aren't going to offend anyone.

Quote:
2 "se habla espanol" in the ad - all the wiring will have been done with speaker wire, and there won't be an OEM part on the car
But, to say that all cars owned by Spanish speaking people can be assumed to be wired wrong and use the wrong parts? 30 years in the car market doesn't give you the right to bash an entire group of people because you've seen a few of those people make different choices than you when it comes to fixing their cars.