View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
dann_04
EcoModding Lurker

EP3 - '03 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)

Scooter - '93 Honda Elite 80
90 day: 74.87 mpg (US)

Ape - '07 Aprilia Sportcity 250ie
90 day: 66.97 mpg (US)
Any one find the term hypermiler degrading?

I've been pumping as many mpg's out of everything i've ever driven. And just recently(at least when i noticed it) the media and others have classified me as a hypermiler. I think it's a corny "trendy" term. One report i read said something about the hypermiler revolution and listed on guy who pumps out a whole 60mpg's out of his prius and created the practice of drafting in 2001. I mean it just seems like the newest trend where it clasifys everyone by some corny name. I mean people have been drafting for a long time, but the media treats it like it's new and says a self-proclaimed hypermiler created it? I dunno it just pushes my buttons, i like games, now im a gamer, i'm an IT guy now i'm a geek(i find that offensive), i care about the environment so now i'm green everyone's green, clorox is green. I just hate the media's rotation of "new" stuff, so i refuse to call my self a hypermiler, anyone else feel the same? Maybe i'm being stupid, but thanks for listening to my rant. Don't mean to offend anyone who likes to call themselves hypermilers, for all i know they've been using the term since the 70's and now it's back and "new". I just like to tell peoplemy mpg when it comes up and tell them how they can conserve too rather than just say that i'm a hypermiler, seems awkward.